Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Child’s Prayer



I love listening to my kids pray.  And I know that Heavenly Father does too.  My daughter (four years old) said a few weeks back during family prayer:
"Please bless that Jesus will be safe."  I don't think that is something we need to worry about anymore! I do know that she loves Him and I know that Heavenly Father is smiling down on her when she said this. 
Other times she has said:

“Please bless Jesus to come to our house.”
“Please bless Jesus come home safely.”
“Please bless Heavenly Father be nice.”

Some times she prays about no existing things as well.
“Please help Mickey Mouse.”  This is a common item that she prays about. I don't know how Heavenly Father will answer this prayer but I know that He does not mind hearing the sweet and pure request from a little child.

The other day she and her older brother were not getting along very well and when she said the blessing on the food, most of what she prayed about was asking that her brother would be nicer.  It was interesting to watch.  Her brother was obviously affected by this and I think he has tried to be nicer.  Since that instance, now when she prays she says how nice Isaac is and how he helps her.


I know that Heavenly Father loves to hear her prayers. I can see Him smiling down on my daughter and I am reminded I am so blessed to have her as my daughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment